Every single minute, more than 2.5 million posts are shared on Facebook and 215.000 posts are posted on Instagram. But, which one are ignored and which ones appear interesting to the users? Let’s call posts content and let’s say that each content has a few elements, such are the headline, introduction, plot, lists, pros and cons, and conclusion. Which element is the most important?Every single minute, more than 2.5 million posts are shared on Facebook and 215.000 posts are posted on Instagram. But, which one are ignored and which ones appear interesting to the users? Let’s call posts content and let’s say that each content has a few elements, such are the headline, introduction, plot, lists, pros and cons, and conclusion. Which element is the most important?
All of you believe that conclusion or first paragraph is the most important, but all of you are wrong. In Singapore, the biggest attention is focused on the headline! Here is statistical data that confirms the claim.
- Eight of ten visitors will actually read the headline
- Two of ten will actually click on the content
- 38% won’t read more than 2 sentences of your content
Now you can see the importance headlines have in Singapore and now you understand why this element is the most important one. Writing appealing headlines will have a huge positive effect on your digital marketing campaign, and writing them is easier than you may believe.
Why headlines are so important
Recently, a marketing agency Singapore conducted a survey and determined the simple answer to the question above. All visitors are actually paying for your content. They may pay directly, or more commonly with their time. That’s why they want to see something that will offer the solution to their problem and help them. Headlines offer glimpses of the help written inside.
Each person will look for something related to self-interest. For example, you probably wanted to know which the main element of any content is in order to make it better and get better sales or more traffic. Basically, you will have to offer something that your visitors need in order to get a successful headline.
Careful research is mandatory
A marketing agency in Singapore can assist you with this matter much better than anything else. But, we will use Google Trends for an example. Basically, if you look for similar words, with the similar or the same meaning, the results will be different. An interesting example may be with the leads and with the sales. Leads is far more commonly searched term.
Now you know that in order to write a headline that will provide you new clicks, you need to do a research and determine which words must be used. Even if you have the best content on the planet, but just one word in the headline is wrong, your success will be poor.
Top tip: You can use Buzzsumo to write much better headlines due to the fact this platform will help you get keywords that were used in shares on social media. It is the best way to serve something to the users when they don’t know what they actually are looking for. Each result can be categorized according to the country, time, language and etc. This is especially useful because you are looking for keywords for the headlines that will be used in Singapore.
Think as your visitors and try to write headlines that look suitable and just right. Obviously, you still don’t know how to do this, but if you continue to read this content, you will learn.
Tips for writing the successful headlines
There are a few tips we like and we believe they will be more than just productive in Singapore. It must be mentioned that not all of them must be used for the same headline. Using 1-2 is enough.
- Try to include word NEW into the headline – There is plenty of content on the internet. We all know that. Most of it is actually obsolete or similar to the other content, so readers will just skip it. Adding word new, at the beginning of the headline is the best way to make your content look fresh and more appealing.
- Be direct – Try to be as direct as possible when writing the headline. ‘’I earned $169 today’’ is much better than ‘’I earned more than $100 today.’’
- List post – If you include 10 or 4 best, most important in the headline, readers will prefer it due to the fact they know how much time they must to invest and what they will actually get.
- Offer value – Include something that will give a short glimpse of the content.
- Be mysterious – This tip doesn’t work every time. We used it in this headline, so it worked for you.
Each digital agency in Singapore pays a lot of attention to the headlines only and now you know why. The bottom line is that headline is something that readers see the first and it is something that can attract or repel them. With this knowledge, you will attract them.